Our Board of Advisors
Alexander R. Malaket, CITP
Alexander R. Malaket, CITP, is President of Canadian consultancy OPUS Advisory Services International Inc., established in 2001, focusing on international business, trade and investment with a specialism in trade finance. Alexander has undertaken a range of consultancy assignments, from operational and tactical to technology, to global strategy, for clients around the world and has developed and delivered training seminars and programs in numerous markets including Toronto, New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai and Taipei among others.
Mr. Malaket is an internationally recognized expert in international business, trade, investment as well as trade finance and supply chain finance, contributing regularly to industry publications like Trade Finance Magazine, Trade & Forfaiting Review, Global Trade Review, Cash & Trade Magazine and Trade and Export Finance. Alexander speaks and chairs panels at top-tier conferences and events around the world. Professional experience includes:
- Early career work in the investment finance business in Toronto, Canada
- Seven years in various roles with a top-tier Canadian bank, with assignments in retail credit and in trade finance in Toronto, Winnipeg and Montreal
- Five years as an executive-level consultant and trade finance domain specialist with a billion-dollar American consultancy, based in New York and Toronto
- Fourteen years as a private consultant and trainer since the founding of OPUS Advisory, with a range of engagements around the world, including North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Engagements have been undertaken with leading international banks and financial firms, UN agencies, multilateral development banks and international agencies as well as government and corporate clients to Ministerial and Board levels
- Author of “Financing Trade and International Supply Chains”, Gower/Ashgate Publishing, UK 2014
Mr. Malaket has been nominated, elected or invited to contribute to various organizations in several capacities, including:
- Member of the Board of Directors and the Board Nominating Committee, FITT Ottawa
- Member of the Board and Executive Committee, World Trade Centre Winnipeg
- Deputy Head of the Executive Committee, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Banking Commission, Paris
- Member of the Academic Committee, ICC Academy (Trade Finance and International Banking), Singapore
- Nominated National Expert, Trade Finance, UN/CEFACT, Geneva
- Member of the Trade, Finance and Development Experts Group, E15 Initiative (World Economic Forum and ICTSD), Geneva
- Canadian Delegate, B20/G20 Consultations for 2015 (Financing Growth Task Force) and Co-Chair, ICC B20/G20 Consultation Session, Singapore
- Member of the International Affairs Committee, Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Ottawa
Daniel has 30+ years experience of leading global positions for Citibank, ABN AMRO, RBS and JPMorgan, he is positioned extremely well to provide value-added advice to the transaction banking industry.
Daniel has spent most of his career in leading roles with end-to-end management and P&L responsibility of global businesses of considerable size. He has achieved significant growth and transformation results with all the institutions that he has worked for. Over the years, he was also proactively engaged with the major relevant industry associations (ICC, SWIFT, BAFT) and has assumed leading roles in these institutions to drive the trade finance Industry agenda forward (founding member and Head of the Advisory Board of the Banking Commission of the International Chamber of Commerce,
founding member and Head of the Global Trade Industry Council of BAFT, founding member of the Trade Services Advisory Group of SWIFT). Daniel is very well-respected in the Industry and has an enormous network of contacts around the globe.
Mr Gerald Lim is Chairman of Phillip Insurance Investments. He was recently with Marsh which he joined in 2012 as CEO South East Asia and Trade Credit & Political Risks Asia. He is President of the Singapore Insurance Brokers Association, and Honorary Consul of the Republic of Slovenia
Prior to Marsh, he worked with Aon in country and regional leadership positions. He was previously in banking, and established Asia’s first private market credit and political risk underwriter in the late 1980s.
Mr Lim is active in the community, serving as Chairman of Tampines Central Citizens Consultative Committee, and a member of the Council of Education of the Methodist Church in Singapore. He received the Public Service Medal from the Singapore government, and was awarded a citation by the Mayor of Daejon for helping to implement Korea’s first FDI expressway project to ease traffic congestion.
Mr Lim did his undergraduate studies at National University of Singapore, obtained his MA from George Washington University, and attended executive development programmes at Insead(France) and Kellogg (Chicago).